Let’s face it, Potato Wedges is the King of side dishes. Especially for a vegan or a vegetarian out with friends at a restaurant. I have made a meal out of side dishes on many occasions, and I love getting wedges.
Here is an incredibly easily and guilt free version of this delicious junk food. Instead of deep frying, these wedges are baked. An important step to creating crispy potato wedges is using a hot pan. To do this you must heat your baking pan while preheating the oven. I have an electric stove so I grease my pan then heat it. However, if you are using a gas stove, that involves an open flame and I do not recommend heating a greased pan in a gas oven. In that case, heat the pan without greasing it. Add the oil to the potatoes then put the the potatoes on the hot pan.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
salt to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Peel and slice potatoes into wedges.
- Microwave wedges for 3 minutes, then allow it to cool completely. (you can put it in the freezer to cool down quickly)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease a baking pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and heat in the oven.
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and parsley. Sprinkle over cooled potatoes and mix well. Mix until all slices are fully coated with the spice mix. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the potatoes.
- Put spiced potato slices on hot baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt.